Abigail Outreach Ministry is a Christian focus group which was established in June 2009 in London. It is a non-denominational and non-profit making organisation, of Spirit filled women (men also welcome) from all walks of life, called by God to intercede for women and their families. The aim is to restore their beautiful countenance, by encouraging women to seek God for His counsel concerningtheir home.
The vision was taken from 1 Samuel 25 where we encounter a woman named Abigail. The meaning of Abigail is ‘Father’s joy’ or ‘Father’s delight.’ Abigail is a joy to the Father and the Father a joy to her. Abigail is wise & beautiful; she is a worshipper, a bountiful giver, also resourceful, humble, approachable, submissive, peaceable, prophetic and accountable. From the Biblical account, we see that she remained her heavenly Father’s joy even in the midst of a difficult, oppressive, unthankful, abusive, neglectful and foolish situation. Many women can relate to being part of a relationship, a society, its system, its politics but marginalised, unappreciated, undervalued and manipulated; but like Abigail we must not forget who we are and who we are accountable to. The home conditions were not right or ideal but she continued to be the person of beauty and wisdom God has called her to be.
Dr Shade sharing her story about mental health at one of our Storymony meetings.
- LOVE is GRACE that GIVES freely, fully and fairly (Missions Work)
- LOVE is GRACE that RELEASES others to be who they were created to be, do what they have been called to do, and have what they have been destined to have…(Empowering Work – Mentoring, Prayerline, Equipping/development)
- LOVE is GRACE that ACCEPTS other people unconditionally, yet, uncompromisingly (Prison Work)
- LOVE is GRACE that ENCOURAGES others to rise above the odds and ride beyond the storms (StoryMony, teaching and Prayer)
- LOVE is GRACE that unselfishly CONSIDERs the opinions, interest and rights of others… (SPECIAL NEEDS Work)
That sums up Abigail Outreach and its mission!